Thursday, 8 November 2012
Ahh..Thursdays!
It's a pretty cool thursday afternoon. Mostly because I had my Mafahim-e-Qur'an exam in the morning and it went well, Alhamdulillah. It was definitely a milestone in life to have actually learnt a decent amount of Qur'anic Arabic. I love that subject. We have 2 more books to study in it. YAY! Now it's time to nap in my cozy blankie. I was studying till late last night and woke up early again to study some more. Inshallah, I'm going to go to the haram at 5 which means I should sleep now if I want to sleep and be replenished by evening. I know what my problem with studying is. I can't sit for hours and study something. I lose interest quickly, get distracted easily and my brain keeps thinking of cool irrelevant stuff to do while I am to study. Like last night, it was literally Jihadul Akbar (the big struggle) to stay up till late and STUDY instead of going to sleep in my warm cozy room. I had to enter my room twice to get some stuff after it was lights out (I was studying in the reading room where lights can be on till late) and my resolve weakened seeing the dark, comfy room I had to push myself out the room to study. Sleep is my other problem. I'm pretty much ruled by it. If i don't sleep well one night the morning is usually tiring and I can't concentrate in class. If one day I don't nap in the afternoon, my evenings are sleepy and I can't study. In the morning, A2 had to come wake me up for namaz after which i returned to bed and A1 had to come wake me up again to study. A1 and A2 always come wake me up for class. They know I'm useless. I wonder at the people who wake up so early in the morning and don't nap in the afternoon. So basically I like thursdays because they bring rest and peace. Our official weekly holiday is on Fridays, which isn't full of rest, as it happens. I just read this part about my sleep and I sound like a female version of Homer Simpson. Yuck. And i hate The Simpsons. I'm not as self- indulgent as i sound, i assure you. So, Eid-e-ghadeer went well. I had resolved not to leave the khabgah for those two days but as fate would have it, I had to go out for significant periods of time both days and came back tired and didn't get much studying done. But alhamdulillah, the ghadeer day went extremely well. I went to the haram. Pure bliss. Oh, Obama got re-elacted. I need to make a post about that. Like, seriously. I will now nap. Ahh.. My eyes are drooping. Till then, Khodahafez!
P.s- My browser doesn't make paragraphs for some reason, which explains the complete absence of formatting in my posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have sweet room-mates that pay attention to your sleeping patterns!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your studying.
LOL, yes. But they're not even my room-mates. They come to my room from theirs :)
ReplyDeleteLol I always wondered why your blog posts were big blocks of text. Glad that's explained.
ReplyDeleteLOL, i must come off as so lazy. I want paragraphs :(
ReplyDeleteSleeps are all that we need at times, but then we need to pull ourself out of our bed and get to study.
ReplyDeleteYea, the pulling out part is just. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteI want a cozy blankie too, it's bitter cold right here now! Just got over with exams too, yipeee!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes. It is getting colder by the day here, too. Thankfully, our rooms have heaters which keep us warm. And sometimes, too warm! LOL It feels amazing to get done with an exam!
ReplyDelete