Friday, 2 August 2013

Ba buba bub

I've realized a few things after I told my long lost friend today how I don't sleep nights coz i'm a night person and get work done in the in the cover of darkness when everybody's asleep and not a human in sight to bug me for anything.
I am a night person, indeed. In the sense that I really like the night. It's this special magical time where it's just me and the comfort of my thoughts. The earth dissolves and it's like i'm on mars, or some other planet where life is just...awesome. Maybe my glow in the dark sky stickers on the ceiling partially have something to do with it. Still, what i'm trying to say is that the night is really special to me. No wonder Allah says in the Qur'an something like "And during a part of the night wake up and remember God." What's important here is that it says PART of night. I'm usually up all night. Which is a destructive habit for sure as we read in du'a jawshan kabeer that Allah says "And we have created night as a covering for REST." and I don't get any rest- mental or physical- during the night. So you see people, my example should strictly not be treaded upon.
However, the second part that I told my friend (that night's the time I get work done) doesn't seem to be entirely true. Night is the time my brain is understatedly over active. I have deep, heartfelt and intimate conversations with my brain. That's probably why i'll never need a shrink in life. So I don't really get any "work done" at night in the conventional sense of the word.
Ok. So the night's almost over now. I can see light through my thick orange curtain. Alhamdulillah, it's Friday today. So ima pick up the energy to read my favorite dua- Du'a Nudba. Plus it's Quds day today. Last friday of the month is Quds day. What are the chances.
I feel like singing. A lot.
Bye.
P.s- Anybody who doesn't love du'a nudba is a loser.
Ze truth always hurts.
Take it easy.

3 comments:

  1. Aslamualaikum
    very Nice post
    i want to discuss something about blog kindly give me your email

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back from Iran yet? Yes, I've been lazy at commenting but have been following your blog posts :)

    Also, during Ramadhan I can't get much sleep at night either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lubaina- Salaams. Thankyou so much :) I'm back home for a while :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you :)