Three exams passed. Tarikhe tamaddune Islami (History of Islamic Civilization), Tarikhe Imaman (History of the lives of the Imaams) and Uloome Qur'an (Qur'anic sciences.)
Tarikhe tamaddun was crap. Absolutely. Not that the subject wasn't interesting. It was. But there was this whole chaos with the notes and me not having studying till the end because of the chaos surrounding the notes. It was this whole thing, you know. I was really depressed after the exam. Moreso because i woke up ten minutes AFTER the time the exam was supposed to start. I kept sleeping and didn't wake up to study as i had planned. So, to take my mind off the whole mess, i went out to the haram and then shopping with L. The haram of Hazret Masoomeh (a.s) is the best place i tell you. So serene and calming. It's the land where no pain or sadness exists. You forget everything just as you enter her haram. Ya Allah. It is pure bliss. I can't seperate myself from that place. Then we went chador shopping. Two interesting things happened.
One, I resolved that that was the last time i was nice to a child.
There was this small iranian child sitting on the sidewalk with tears overflowing down his cheeks. I naturally assumed he was lost. I bent down and loving asked him, "Azeezam, gom shodi?" My dear, are you lost? He continues to cry. I affectionately ask him again, "Mamanet ku?" Where's your mom? Now, he gives me an angry look, gets up and runs ahead of me near a shop where apparently his mom is looking at some stuff. He goes clutches his mom's chador as if i'm this evil stranger. His mom gives us a weird look and the child gives me another angry look. I mean, I was being a good human being and you treat me like a foreign baby kidnapper! Seriously, people!
Two- When we went to the chador place and as we entered, this really young and pretty woman was laughing and flirting with the shop owner. He was measuring her length for her chador. I and L exchanged sad looks. After about two minutes, the guy was telling her where he lived. Nice. The flirting continued (mostly from the woman's side) and it was time for her to pay for her chador and leave. The guy insisted she don't pay and the girl prompty said, "Okay, thanks!" And leaves. Yup. I told L- She was just looking for a free chador. She's not gonna call him. He's not her type. And really, he wasn't her type. Looking at this girl, it was obvious that she was looking for an Iranian version of Johny Depp. And that guy wasn't anywhere near being the Iranian version of Johny Depp. I could go on about the moral degradation of the society, but it's depressing.
The other two exams were radddd! They were awesome, man. I was up all night and i mean ALL NIGHT studying for Uloome Qur'an. Not because the material was difficult. I just decided not to study until the night before the exam. Yea, that's me. That was last night, btw. Then i came back to the khawbgah, had breakfast and slept and woke up five hours later. That explains why it's 3 a.m now and i can't fall asleep.
I was washing clothes for Mashhad. Yayyyy two more days for Mashhad! Woohoo. And then i took a long walk and talk with FM (You know who you are!) later in the night. We talked about life and other stuff. Wisdom.
Then i was hungry because I'd skipped lunch and directly had a little dinner. I was preparing my things for tea and tada, A3 entered the kitchen. She said she couldn't sleep. This was at around 12.50 a.m. I said, "Yayy! Let's have tea and chat!" We went to the TV room and made tea and had that awesome thing i bought from bazaare arab i don't know what it's called. A3 was like ohh we're not allowed to be here this late and i told her she was too moralistic and that was her problem. No, that's not a problem. I just have this urge to always argue with her. Maybe it's a way I channel my anger of her going away in a few days.
Then, we talked some more about life and we were shortly joined by M who was hungry and later by F who was hungry as well. We talked about istekhara and it's specifics. Pretty interesting i tell you. A3 and M put together always amaze me. At 2 a.m we decide to call it a night and return to our rooms. And that is how the cookie crumbled.
I will now go to bed.
Bonne nuit and shab be khair!
Ow. My rib hurts.
See, i don't inspiring things.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you :)